I was so fortunate when I started my own motherhood journey that I had walked many clients through their transition into motherhood and had some great perspective there. And even despite that perspective, I also felt SO unsure of what it would look like to hold a seven figure business and baby for me personally.
And while I can’t say that I have it all figured out (I decidedly do NOT), I can say that other women sharing openly about their journeys continues to be the most helpful and normalizing thing I’ve found in navigating my own.
Which is why I invited my friend and client Cait Scudder to chat about this with me live. Cait is an incredible seven-figure business owner and mama to 2. We’ve been working together since long before either of us had babies and I’ve seen firsthand how beautifully she’s navigated the transition.
So, we went live in The Lit Up & Loaded Entrepreneur to discuss holding motherhood and millions (as a mom of 2 under 3). Our convo touched on what it’s like to hold the ‘bigness’ of being a present mom and successful business owner and how to avoid burnout in the process.
Cait was an open book about what’s changed for her over the years as she’s stepped into a different chapter of life with the hope that it can guide other women in their own journeys. Don’t miss this replay!
In this replay, you’ll hear:
- Being part of the first generation of women doing “both” and what it does or doesn’t mean in terms of trade-offs
- Holding gratitude and being unapologetic at the same time as a mother who also chooses other areas that light her up
- The awakening Cait experienced just before starting her business while cultivating a relationship with her now-husband and how it has impacted their marriage
- Breaking down the “Motherhood Persona” and the importance of not making ourselves wrong
- Anticipation around what will happen when big changes come at us and what to remember when those moments happen
- Giving space for navigating different seasons of “hard” and the liberating truth about being a mom & CEO that Cait wants all mothers to know