Instinct: The Power to Unleash Your Inborn Drive by T.D. Jakes
- Why I love this book: It really focuses on listening to ourselves and following our instincts. All too often people feel like they aren’t getting guidance from God, the universe, or their higher selves because someone isn’t coming out of the sky to talk to them. However, we really are getting constant guidance from our creator. We just have to tune in to it, and recognize it as important. Bishop Jakes provides so many amazing examples of how important our instincts are makes this information so easy to understand and relatable. He also talks a lot about how it’s easy to deviate from our instincts and follow outer examples, when we really need to be looking inside.
- Why you should read it: If you’re having difficulty tuning in or recognizing the importance of your instincts and intuition this book would be a great guide for you. It’s also helpful if you feel like you’re living everyone else’s version of life/success and not your own.
- Where you can get it: http://www.amazon.com/Instinct-Power-Unleash-Inborn-Drive/dp/1455554057/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1439425847&sr=1-1&keywords=instinct+td+jakes
You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
- Why I love this book: Many of the concepts Jen talks about in this book are well-known concepts in the self-help world and have been around a long time. However, her simple, energetic, and straightforward approach to these concepts makes this a completely worthwhile read. It’s also never bad to have a kick in the ass reminder of the things we already know.
- Why you should read it: If you want a great review on how to get out of your own way and start creating a life + biz you love.
- Where you can get it: http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Badass-Doubting-Greatness/dp/0762447699/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1439426067&sr=1-1&keywords=jen+sincero
The Power of the Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
- Why I love this book: OMGILOVETHISBOOK. Really though. The reason I love this book is because it really focuses on how our relationship with God/The Universe as well as our self-talk and mindset are the keys to lasting success and happiness. Dr. Murphy provides examples, stories, and insights that are invaluable. This book really focuses on the power we have as humans and the exceptional ability we have to reprogram our subconscious to live happier, healthier, more successful lives.
- Why you should read it: If you want to reprogram your subconscious and get rid of negative thought patterns and beliefs that are sabotaging you, so that you can start living the life you desire.
- Where you can get it: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Your-Subconscious-Mind/dp/160459201X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1439426895&sr=1-1&keywords=power+of+the+subconscious+mind+joseph+murphy
The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by Gay Hendricks
- Why I love this book: This book is exceptional because it talks about an issue that is rarely identified or looked at by successful people, which is the upper limit problem. Gay discusses how we all have an upper limit of happiness and success that we’re comfortable with and that it’s hard to move past that (even if its positive) and get out of our comfort zone. This was revolutionary for me, and really helped me identify behaviors that were sabotaging my own success and happiness. He also discusses identifying and operating from our zone of genius.
- Why you should read it: If you want to identify ways that you keep yourself from moving past your upper limit. It also aids you in identifying your zone of genius and operating from that place
- Where you can get it: http://www.amazon.com/Big-Leap-Conquer-Hidden-Level/dp/0061735361/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1439427903&sr=1-1&keywords=the+big+leap
The Motivation Manifesto by Brendon Burchard
- Why I love this book: It is so beautifully written and is such a wise and soulful book. You can tell that Brendon put thought and precision into every single word, and I found myself highlighting passage after passage. Another reason I enjoyed this book so much is because unlike many other self-help books, Brendon never talks about himself or his success. He really makes this a true study on motivation and success without making it personal. It feels universal and every human being will resonate with the concepts he discusses.
- Why you should read it: If you’re a human being you should read this book. Seriously, its that good. It will also give you concrete information about motivation that can be applied to all areas of your life.
- Where you can get it: http://www.amazon.com/Motivation-Manifesto-Brendon-Burchard/dp/1401948073/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1439428409&sr=1-1&keywords=the+motivation+manifesto